Graham de Leche with graham cracker, whipped cream, and leche flan layers is a decadent dessert that’s sure to impress. It’s a special anytime treat and perfect for holiday gift-giving, too!
Hello everyone! I am Sanna and once again, I have a special recipe for you!
Are you already planning your dessert line up for the holidays? Graham de leche is a must on your list!
A delicious mash-up of two Filipino favorites- graham float and leche flan– this decadent treat is sure to be a party hit. The cinnamony graham crackers and creamy custard cocooned in pillowy clouds of sweetened cream are like heaven on a spoon!
How to Make Graham de Leche
Making the Leche Flan
- In each llanera, place three tablespoons of sugar. Set llanera over the stove on low heat and using tongs, repeatedly move over the flames until sugar is melted and golden. Continuously tilt and swirl the llanera to ensure even melting and to distribute melting liquid on the bottom of the mold. Remove from heat and allow caramel to cool and harden.
- In a mixing bowl, combine egg yolks, condensed milk, and evaporated milk. Stir to combine.
- Using a cheesecloth or fine-mesh sieve, strain the mixture.
- Ladle the mixture into the three prepared llaneras and cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Arrange in a single layer in a water bath and bake in a 375 F oven for about 50 minutes to 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted at the center of the flan comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Turn each flan over on a plate and drain the excess caramel as the sugar syrup might seep into the cream.
Assembling the Graham de Leche
- Use any small rectangular dish that is wide and deep enough to fit the whole flan plus layers of graham crackers and whipped cream. For gifting or selling, you can use disposable food tubs or containers that have tight-fitting lids.
- Arrange graham crackers in a single layer on the bottom of the container. If needed, cut the crackers in pieces to fit sides.
- Spoon a few dollops of whipped cream over the graham crackers and using a spatula, spread evenly to cover.
- Arrange another layer of graham crackers on top of the cream. Spoon more whipped cream on top of the crackers and using a spatula, spread to cover the crackers.
- Gently place the leche flan with caramel side up on top and in the center of the whipped cream.
- Fill the gaps around the flan with more whipped cream. Repeat the process for the two remaining sets of Graham de leche.
- Refrigerate overnight or freeze for about 3 to 5 hours before serving.
- Although you can substitute all-purpose cream, I recommend using heavy cream as it whips up thicker and sturdier.
- Easily switch up flavors by using chocolate or cinnamon graham crackers.
- Try adding flavor extracts to the whipped cream such as buko pandan or ube.
- Experiment with various toppings such as crushed crackers/cookies, shredded cheese, sweetened macapuno, sweet glazes such as caramel or cut-up mangoes.
- Make it triple the yum by adding a layer of ube halaya
- The graham de leche can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to one month. If frozen, thaw for a few minutes prior to serving.
I hope you give this graham cake de leche a try this holiday season. Not only will it make an impressive addition to any party menu, but it’s also great for gift-giving.
Check out my Chocolate Custard Cake and Floating Island Dessert which are guaranteed to wow the crowd. You can also find more desserts and baked goods recipes on my blog, Woman Scribbles